The PCS-ER+ Systems (Positive Contact Sensor with Extreme Range + much more!) consists of an integrated Sensor which by itself is equipped with all necessary controls and functionality to allow an OEM user to easily integrate the Sensor into any machine tool Control equipped with CAN.
Additionally, by adding a simple MDI Module (Manual Data Interface) any user can effortlessly integrate the PCS-ER+ Systems with any machine tool without the need of writing any complex software or being forced to integrate the System into a Machine Proprietary Control.
Allora’s Next Generation Sensor
Enhancements that will take broken tool detection to the next level of performance:
- AC Brushless motor, also known as Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motor or “PMSM”, eliminates failures common to DC brush style motors often affected by the developing of commutator dead spots.
- Integrated control with full “AC Servo” performance enables highly sensitive, low impact detection.
- Direct drive control means high reliability with no gearing to fail.
- CANopen® communications with standard cabling, allows for simplified installation and networking of multiple sensors.
- Up to 127 sensors can be daisy-chained, all able to operate independently, with unique settings and output characteristics.
- Absolute encoder provides for easy and flexible installation without limiting home setting to a specific, often not ideal, location.
- Adding to the programmable home setting, the ability to learn and monitor two separate positions in two separate directions, CW and CCW, reduces the number of sensors required in a single installation.
- Smaller diameter IP67 rating housing, allows for installation in tight spaces and in harsh environments.
- “+” much, much more!